Monthly GTFS Quality Report
San Diego Metropolitan Transit System
This is a monthly report, generated by the California Integrated Travel Project (Cal-ITP), summarizing issues discovered by MobilityData’s GTFS Validator. This report is available for viewing by the general public to support continuous improvement of GTFS data and the experience of transit passengers.
Current GTFS Feed Info
About the October Daily Service Level Charts
- These charts show the total hours of transit service described by the active feed for each day.
- Since service levels often vary by the day of the week, it is split into three charts for weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Flat lines indicate consistent levels of service throughout the month.
- Short drops may indicate temporary reduced service, such as for holidays, gaps in feed publishing, or potential inaccuracies.
- Please reach out to our help desk at [email protected]g with any questions.
Service hours per weekday in the active feed
Service hours per Saturday in the active feed
Service hours per Sunday in the active feed
About the October Identifier Change Charts
- These charts show the percentage of stop and route IDs that have changed since the previous month.
- Stop and route IDs are important identifiers for GTFS feed consumers to correctly parse feeds.
- It is a GTFS Best Practice to keep these consistent between feed versions whenever possible.
- More than 5% being new or dropped is a cause for attention, especially if there hasn't been a major service or route change.
- Please reach out to our help desk at [email protected] with any questions.
Changes from October 01 to October 31
Consistency with the California GTFS Minimum Guidelines
|Do the following files/fields exist?||2021-10-03||2021-10-17||2021-10-31|